Friday, May 21, 2010

You should write a book

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me, "You should write a book." well, I'd have enough to buy a pizza and maybe even a soda. (Ha ha, I made a funny!) Seriously though, I've heard this statement throughout my life, starting as early as the third grade when my teacher, Mrs. Kranenberg, commented on a short story I wrote about a turtle who was trying to find a new home because he out grew his shell. (Funny to look back on my imagination at the age of 7, because if you think about it, I was picturing a little naked turtle running around town. Such a scandalous mind I had. Look I made another funny!) Anyway, two days ago I was driving home from the office and something just hit home in my heart that I DO have a book inside me that wants to come out. So this is my "official announcement" that I plan on writing a book. I have no idea what it's going to be about, or even who my audience might be, but regardless I have something to say and it's going to come out in book form.... some day. So wish me luck. This is not going to be something that I'll be speaking about too frequently. I have a feeling it will take me several years to finish and possibly several more to get it published, but I'm a patient person and I think it will be a great way to share with the world my quirky nature.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I think that's great! Lol, I had mrs. Kranenburg too!

suzanne said...

My daughter-in-laws sister did that last year. She had a goal to write so many words every day. She had some formula that worked fairly well for her! Good luck to you! Ambitious..........

Dad said...

Hi Kid-o! Say, do you want me to send you all the short stories you wrote on my computer that"ve sazed from your childhood. Who knows. You might find somethng there. They were pretty good!
Dad

Caterina Giordano said...

Taryn I would most definately buy your book. I love the way you write. I'm a big reader, and I have to say I can see the diverse styles of writing through every author, and yours would be one that I would follow through til the end. Good luck with the book, and keep me posted on updates, if you care to share.