Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Clavicle, vol. 3, issue: 8

The ever popular clavicle saga looks like it may finally have a deadline. I met with my orthopedic this morning for the eighth time in three months. I saw him a week earlier than scheduled because this past weekend I felt clicking from the plate and was experiencing some discomfort in the shoulder. I was worried that the plate had lifted more and that a screw was sliding in and out of the bone.

Luckily for me, after my x-ray today (number 18 Sheesh... I glow in the dark now!) the lifting is not as bad as my wildly over active imagination thought it was. The bone is almost fused together. There is only a small gap where the break and bone graph are. The Doc. explained to me that now that I can move the arm the "clicking" I hear and feel is a muscle rolling over the plate. The discomfort comes from a few factors, one: the muscle slipping over the plate will cause some pain, and two: just moving the arm that has been anchored to my side for the past three months will undoubtedly be tough.

The biggest news is that he shortened the date when I will have my third (and final!) surgery. We had thought that it would be in June and now he has moved the surgical date to March! I am more than pleased with this new date. We'll get it done, out of the way, and I'll have summer to look forward to. Plus my skin will be back to normal, and I'll be able to walk through a metal detector undetected!

This is all very good news! I'm a happy camper once again.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good news about the plate.