Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Clavicle Saga's days are numbered!

I just wanted to let all those who have been keeping up with the never ending, plot twisting, nail biting clavicle saga, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I very bright light filled with hope and joy! Yes, that's right folks, the fourth and final surgery has been scheduled. All the hardware will be removed, the plate and all six screws, and my beautiful bone will finally have room to breathe.

Today at the orthopedic surgeon's office, the two of us gazed lovingly at the x-ray on the wall. He, I'm sure, was pleased with his work on the second plate, (If you recall with his first surgery on my shoulder, the plate, screws, pins, string, wire, etc... all that junk didn't go so well.) and as for me, the love in my eyes was simply because I was ecstatic to see a beautiful solid white clavicle bone with no gaps, cracks or floating bone fragments.

So what does this mean? It means, stick a fork in me because I'm done! So on December 17th we will remove all hardware, and that's that. I'll have to take the holiday season a little easier than I usually do, but heck, if an uncomfortable Christmas and New Year is the price I have to pay to officially move on with my life, sign me up, I'll take it!

So lets all sing out with jubilant triumph, "The plate is coming out! WAHOO!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.