Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Engaging Engagement!

This past Thursday while at the office I received a telephone call from Christian's brother Luke. I could hear in Luke's voice that he was positively beaming. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard such a lightness and bounce in his voice before, and trust me Luke is always very animated and fun to listen to when he speaks. But on this day he was simply bubbling over with joy, and I could hear it loud and clear. I gave the phone to Christian and he took the call into his office. Behind the closed door I heard Christian give a very excited blurt out, "REALLY?!?" and at that moment I knew that Luke and his wonderful girlfriend Emily were engaged!

Luke and Emily have been dating for a little over two years. They both live and work in New York City. So I find it absolutely appropriate that Luke would choose the backdrop to his engagement to be one of the most beautiful and serene place that could be found in the big city, Central Park.

Emily and Luke have walked through this park more times than they can even count, but this past Thursday's walk will be one they will both remember for the rest of their lives. One of Emily's favorite spots in the park is called, "The Central Park Mall." It's a walkway that when one stands at the very tip of it looking down the row of a perfectly manicured tree lined path it seems to trail off into infinity. This is where Luke on bended knee asked Emily to be by his side for the rest of his life. She accepted his proposal, and after the ring was placed on her finger Luke and Emily continued on their walk, and as Luke shared with Emily the moment he said, "We started down the path as boyfriend and girlfriend, and from this point on we move ahead into the future we share together as husband and wife."
The family is so thrilled at the news, and we're extremely excited for Emily and Luke. Personally, I'm over joyed with the engagement because I adore Emily and I love now having the knowledge and comfort of knowing that she will be my sister-in-law.

Congratulations Luke and Emily! We love you both and are so happy for you!

No comments: