Sunday, May 2, 2010

Progress Report

I have had several requests recently for photos on our house projects, and I'll be the first to admit that I have been greedy by not sharing the progress with everyone. As I have said in prior posts pertaining to the house, I had a desire to wait until a project was complete before I revealed to the world how beautiful things turned out. This being said, I had no idea just how much time a "completed" project would need. Now, I'm probably one of the most patient people I know, but even I have limits. So I can no longer contain my enthusiasm about how great our house is coming along, and therefore I am about to share just a snippet of what we've been up to in the past week.
Below are photos of our foyer and staircase. Wallpaper galore. During the sanding process for all the bedrooms upstairs a vale of plastic was put up in an attempt to keep dust at bay. (Honestly, I don't think a fifty foot wall would have kept all that dust from getting into other rooms.)

We were thinking we would simply put fresh wallpaper up to avoid the fiasco of pulling down chunks of plaster from the walls, along with the paper. However, we were lucky to discover the plaster wall behind the paper was solid, and able to withstand the pull of the glue.

So once all the wall paper came down, our contractors Konstantine and Andrew, began filling the cracks, and smoothing the wall to prepare it for painting.
Christian and I are giving the paint color choices to our contractors this week, so I apologize if this seems anti-climatic having only a white primed wall to look at. But like I said, completed projects take time. While we wait for the primer to dry, let's take a quick sneak peak into the living room and dining room to see the action there. The living room has stained floors, and a major crack that was in the corner of the room, caused by our shifting the foundation of the house to level it out, has been filled. As of today, two layers of varnish have been applied to the floor, but I have no photos of the room because it is sealed up like Fort Knocks! In fact, every room, with the exception of our bedroom and kitchen, is either sealed up, or completely void of furniture at the moment.

So there you have a small amount of our construction zone. I will post the completed bathrooms soon. Once the plastic wall comes down, I'll be able to snap a few photos of the downstairs bathroom, and I'm still trying to find the right light fixture for the upstairs. Until then, this little update will have to suffice.

No comments: