Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Dads

Christian and I have been blessed by the love of our Dads. They mean so much to us that we'd like to share with the world how truly wonderful our fathers are.

Christian's Dad has always been a wonderful provider. As Christian and his three younger brothers grew up he often worked two jobs, with little side gigs here and there. He selflessly gave of his time to insure that the family had a roof over their head and food on the table. He coached all his boys in various sports and taught them the true meaning of teamwork. He is the first one to offer help, no matter how big the task or how difficult the chore. He's a Captain of the Jersey City Firemen, and has saved lives, help bring lives into the world, and had shed tears for those he could not reach in time. Christian has told me, "My dad is always there when I need him. He loves his family. He's a great Dad!"
My Dad was given lemons in life, yet he always has a way of making lemon-aid. My Dad raised me as a single father, a task that many men would find to be too much. But my Dad never gave up on me or our tiny little family. He is patient and kind, and has always led by example. He is a dreamer, an idea man, and has helped me grow the talents of my imagination. He supports me in everything I do. He is calm, and loving. Because of my Dad I share a love of music and theatre. He brought me up in a world full of culture, art, and the beauty of nature all around us. My life may not have been a cake walk growing up, but with my Dad by my side, it sure was fun and beautiful.
Happy Father's Day to our Dads!!

No comments: