Saturday, November 15, 2008

It comes earlier every year

My alarm went off this morning at 7:30 and I woke up to one of my favorite sounds... Christmas music!!! I have my alarm set to a local radio station out of New York City, and every year they play non-stop Christmas music, however it normally doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. So why so early this year?

They're giving everyone a "sneak-peak" of their Christmas line up, but only for the weekend. My guess is that they're trying to jump start the Christmas spending spree to help out businesses and our economy, by attempting to put people in the Christmas spirit a few weeks sooner than usual.

If thats the case, I don't mind. I throughly enjoyed the surprise, and even more so enjoyed singing along with every song that was played this morning. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. La la lee laah lee la loo.... hee hee.

No comments: