Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Wreaths

Although it may feel like summer is still lingering, and there are those who refuse to concede to the change in the air, the fall season is officially upon us. This is one of my favorite times of year, when the trees bursts into flame-like color and the air grows crisp and fragrant. So to embrace this change I decided to make a wreath, and welcome Autumn whole heartedly. (above) My supplies. There was a sale at the craft store, so I stalked up flowers, and the harvest inspired squash and gourds. Also, the grapevine wreaths were only two dollars! So I decided to have twice the fun and make two wreaths.
Tah-dah! Behold my creations. (Aren't I dramatic?!?) I am pleased with how they turned out. I really liked how simple they looked without adding ribbon, so now I have extra ribbon for another project down the line. The flower wreath is now hanging in my husband's office as part of our fall decor, and I figure in November for the "Thanksgiving Month" I'll hang the one which was inspired by food.
I really enjoy crafting for multiple reasons, but recently, and I know I've said this before, but recently, when ever I create something with my hands I can't help but think about my Aunt, and how she inspired me. I feel close to her when I'm surrounded by projects.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute, Taryn!

Alex said...

This blog made me want to hop in my car and drive up there to see you guys! Miss you!