Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hope

I use this blog to share with friends and family, both near by and far away, things that have meaning in my life, moments worth remembering, and events worthy of retelling. For the most part this blog is fairly superficial, highlighting the joyous occasions. However, in the past year there have been times when I have used my writings as more of a therapy to release frustrations, or deliver sad news.

I am aware that I have asked for more than my fair share of your attention, goodwill, and prayers, and for all of that I am truly grateful. This year has tested my strengths to the limit, and I attribute part of my resilience because of the help and concerns I've gotten from those who care.

I've said in the past year that I've learned to ask for help. I still struggle with it on a daily basis, but this morning I really felt a need to let you into my world, and share my request. My grandmother, my Nana, has been diagnosised with stage three colon cancer. She will start radiation therapy this Monday. After weeks of this, she will then move to chemotherapy, and if these two methods do not work, they will have to perform surgery. Nana is being as brave as she can be, and I'm truly inspired by her strength.

I have asked for your prayers so many times this year, but I now come to you once again, humbling asking for them to help ease my grandmother's suffering. She lost her daughter only three months ago, and now she dealing with this. The amount of physical pain she is in would make many crumble, and the overwhelming emotional anguish from losing her child is never ending.

The video message below was one that rang in my ears this morning. I share it with you now, and ask that you simply listen to the talk being given. It's not very long, less than three minutes, but the message is powerful. It helped me reaffirm that He does hear us, and He is by our side in times of need. Thank you for all your support once again.

No comments: