Monday, April 20, 2009

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice


My sister-in-law Krysty was surprised yesterday with her baby shower. All the planning had been done without her knowledge, all the prep-work completed and gift purchased without arousing suspicion, and if I don't mind saying so, the day was a wonderful success!

She is having a girl, so of course pink was everywhere.


A princess theme was also carried throughout as guests went home with chocolate wands, cute pint-size rubber duckies with crowns, and adorable candy hearts which had baby sayings printed on them.

The Mom-to-be had the perfect pregnant glow about her. It seemed like just yesterday we were celebrating her bridal shower in the same hall, and now to see her steps away from starting her family is truly exciting. We all can't wait to meet her little munchkin so she can put on a fashion show with all her new clothes from the shower.

I thought this idea was very cute. Krysty's mother gathered together all the flags which make up the baby's heritage between both her and John. What a rich, colorful background this little girl shares.

Danielle made the trip, which is almost an hour away, with a hamper full of baby clothes taking up a majority of the space where her legs went, a basket filled with goodies by her side, and an over-sized gift carried on her lap.

I went along for the ride.

Here is the guest of honor with Emily, Luke's girlfriend, who made the trip in from New York City to share her love with the family.

I'm truly thrilled to be an Aunt to this little jelly bean in Krysty's belly! I honestly can tell already that I'm going to love her so much! I'm so happy that she chose John and Krysty to be her parents, and because of her choice I get to benefit from it!

Krysty with her mother (in blue), and her mother-in-law (in black). These three women are amazingly creative and strong-willed. I can only imagine how amazing the fourth little girl in this photo will become.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute theme...love the decorations! :)

Gregorio said...

Cute theme, indeed. Love the flags :-)

Dani said...

What a beautiful baby shower! You really know how to go all out! What a lucky mom to be. Looks like it was a major success.

Jaime said...

I love that idea! Baby showers are so much fun, I may have to steel that idea sometime!