Thursday, April 30, 2009

My list

I'm currently at home in Oregon. During lunch today I went up to my old room and found myself going through a box of papers that for one reason or another I felt were important enough to pack away. I came across a list that I started in 1998 and really surprised myself with my the thoughts I had scribbled across the sheet of paper. It's a rather lengthy list, so if you have the time please enjoy my early insights to life.

The list is titled, " Things I have learned throughout my life" (I was only 19 went I wrote this)
  • Believe in those around you
  • Trust in one another
  • Remember please and thank you
  • Enjoy the simple things in life
  • Reach for the stars
  • Life isn't always easy
  • Listen to your heart
  • Indulge once in a while
  • Family is always there, even when you don't want them to be, and especially when you need them to be
  • Love your soul
  • Friends are worth their weight in gold
  • The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence
  • Be kind to each other.
  • Bring out the child inside of you every now and then
  • Perseverance is the key to success
  • Savor every moment
  • Always be thankful for what you do have
  • Set goals
  • Let out the artist in you
  • Walk a mile in another person's shoes
  • Relax and take it easy for a change
  • Remember your dreams
  • Go outside and play
  • Working together as a team gets things done much quicker
  • Turn up the music and sing along
  • Do your research first
  • Kiss with your eyes closed
  • Plant a tree for your tomorrow
  • Put your arms in the air during a roller coaster ride
  • Do the things you like to do
  • Don't stop running till you've crossed the finish line
  • Get dressed up occasionally
  • Admire nature for what it is
  • Don't be afraid to express yourself
  • If you don't know the answer to something, look it up
  • Take deep cleansing breaths from the diaphragm when stressed
  • Keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • Learn from your mistakes
  • Laugh whole heartily
  • Never compromise your integrity
  • Be responsibly for your actions
  • Not all advice is good advice
  • Look at a cloud close enough and you can really see it's silver lining
  • Give back to the community
  • Have faith, it will help you through all your difficult times
  • Knowledge is more than just reading from a book
  • Help out around the house
  • Keep in touch with your best friend from school
  • Don't force your opinions on to anyone
  • Try to make a good first impression
  • Share your stories with your family
  • Humble yourself and pray
  • Nothing beats a new pair of comfortable shoes
  • Every day is fresh with no mistakes in it
  • Try not to be harsh and judgemental
  • Stop to smell the roses, and lilacs, and honeysuckle, and all the flowers in between
  • If you feel trapped remember, things aren't set in stone. You have the power to change them
  • Be strong and stand firm in your beliefs
  • Thank a teacher for doing their job
  • Remember, Heavenly Father loves you and is always watching over you
  • Believe in yourself

No comments: