Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hic-ups

Hic-ups can be pretty funny, at first. The quirky way our body jolts, and the little bubble of air that pops up ever so frequently without warning can be quiet comical. I must admit that from time to time I get a giggle out of the hic-ups. However, I do know that one can reach a point where the hic-ups become tiresome, annoying, and sometime down right fatiguing. I often find myself in this predicament. If I laugh too hard I tend to get the hic-ups, and not just little bubbly hic-ups, I'm talking full blown, shake-you-the-core hic-ups. Now I know that hic-ups are not hereditary, however, it looks like I have passed down my awesome hic-uping diaphragm muscle to my little girl. Before she was even born Grace would get the hic-ups in the womb on a daily basis, multiple times a day, and her hic-uping sessions would last anywhere from twenty to forty minutes. Well, now that she's here, I can watch the cuteness that is my baby girl hic-uping rather than just feel it, and I sympathize with her every time she hic-ups, which yes is almost on a daily basis, but I still can't help myself, watching with delight, to hear the cutest little bubbles of air bouncing out of her. See what I mean....

1 comment:

Dani said...

Aaaaah! My girl gets the hic-ups multiple times a day. It's the worst in the middle of the night. I so feel your pain... and Grace's.