Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The biggest-tinniest news ever!

For the past three months Christian and I have been holding onto a HUGE, yet itty-bitty secret, and now that we've gotten the "A-OKay," we've been leaking the news to those closest to us for the past week, and now that our check list of those who must know first has been fulfilled I get to bask in the glow of telling everyone out there (If you haven't figured it out already) Christian and I are expecting!!! Let's all do some back flips and somersaults. Well, you go ahead and I'll watch. So on to the details. As of today, we are thirteen week into the pregnancy. Our due date is February 13, which I'm tickled pink with as thirteen is a lucky number in my family. At our twelve week check up with our midwife, we got to see our little jelly bean, and were given a clean bill of health. What wonderful news to hear! The last three months have been a somewhat on the tough side, as morning sickness (in the form of evening/night sickness for little Miss Taryn. Ick!) has been difficult to hide from family members. As well as the apparently apparent "glow" that comes along with having a growing baby in one's tummy, which gave away our secret before we did, as many family members totally knew that we were preggers way before we even told them. I hope you all enjoy reading about the many stages of pregnancy that one goes though, because I'm sure for the next six months I'll be posting away. Christian and I are so incredibly happy and feel so blessed to get to experience life's biggest miracle together.

6 comments:

Stephanie Behling said...

I am seriously so happy for you!!! Motherhood is a wonderful thing, and yes, challenge. You will love it, and probably be awesome at it! Love ya!

Cousin Gail in NY said...

My happiness for the two of you cannot be put into words!! You're outstanding people, I'm sure you'll be outstanding parents!! Love u cuz
cuz!!

Kara said...

That's awesome! We are just a few weeks apart!

Alex said...

Congrats!! I'm happy for you Tiny-T!!

Vicki said...

What exciting news! Woohoo! Start reading all the good books you can find and learn all you can! Take childbirth classes, find a La Leche League group near you if you plan to breastfeed, just get prepared for the rollercoaster of parenthood!!!

Dani said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. You will make an excellent mom!