Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shayla's First Birthday!


This past Wednesday my niece Shayla celebrated her first birthday! She is such a doll, and Christian and I can hardly believe that it has already been a whole year since she was born. I found myself reflecting on everything I was thinking, and feeling a year ago when we got the news that she was on her way. I completely relived the feeling of excitement and joy throughout the day, and thought it was so perfect that Krysty (Shayla's Mommy) invited us all over at exactly 7:25 p.m. for cake to be there for the exact moment that Shayla took her first peek at the world around her.
Grandma and the birthday girl sharing hugs. Shayla adores her Grandpa and lights up whenever he's in the room.

The Mommy-made birthday cake that was just for little Shayla. So cute!
Hooray! Happy Birthday Shayla!
"Yummy in my tummy!"
The super proud parents, John and Krysty and the birthday girl!
Uncle Keith sharing a messy kiss with the birthday girl.
Aunt Carol and Uncle Albey getting in their photo opp. with the celebrity for the day.
Shayla loves her cousins Jayson and Trent.
Mee-ma and Pee-pa loving on the birthday girl.
Happy Birthday Shayla! You've come so far, and we can't wait to watch you grow and learn, and witness the transformation of you turning into someone even more wonderful than you already are. We love you!

No comments: