Saturday, March 14, 2009

A new way of shopping!

I went food shopping this afternoon. This is something I am still trying to master. I go in with a list, and almost always walk out with twice the amount on my list. Well, my grocery store has come up with a way of helping me watch what I spend, gets me in and out of the store much quicker, and alerts me to items on sale that I may be interested in.

Introducing "Scan It!" Ta-da! This little hand held gizmo is probably one of the coolest things to revolutionize the way I shop for food. You walk into the store, scan your discount card, grab a little gizmo and shop away. You bag as you go, which for me is great because I always use my reusable canvas shopping bags, so there's no extra step at the check out. It keeps a list of everything that's in in your cart, and the total amount you've spent so far. It even tells you when another item is on sale! LOVE IT!

Then you simply go up to the self check out line, scan the "finished" barcode there, scan your discount card, and pay. That's it! You drop off your scanner at the door as your leave.

No waiting in line at the check out. You don't need to rush and try to bag your items because the person behind is waiting for you to clear the beltway. And again, it keeps everything right there so you can really see what you're spending. Sometimes technology is just super cool!

Oh, and since this about cool things at the grocery store, I just wanted to tack this on.... everyone out there should be using reusable bags.... you are, aren't you!?!?! And if you're not, I hope you're holding on those plastic bags to bring back to the store and recycle.... you are, aren't you!?!?!

Let's all do our part. We only have one planet, and she needs our help!

2 comments:

Gregorio said...

You Rock!

Rest assured that we do our best here to take our green re-usable bags when we go to the store.

now, I'm so used to our grocery store, that I can write and sort out the shopping list by aisle!

Mandy and Chris said...

Yay for being green, Taryn!! I never go anywhere without my reusable shopping bags, they rock!! :) Thanks for spreading the green word!