Monday, March 16, 2009

Kiss the Blarney Stone

St. Patty's Day is here, and what better way to celebrate than a parade?

This little area of New Jersey, as I'm sure there are all over the country, has Irish events all month long leading up to the big day. There are towns which devote entire days to wearing green and kissing the Irish folk. Here are just a few photos from my little town of Nutley embracing the green with a St. Patrick's Day parade.

I thought this photo came out so cool. The motorcycle crew had stopped right before they reached Christian and I. They were revving their engines, while the parade put a little distance between them, and then ZOOM, they flew by with the ripping rumble pouring from their bikes.
Even the fire trucks were in the green swing of things.
Christian and his fantastic knit cap. My favorite part was the poofy ball on the top. Perfect!


Click the Play button above or below to watch my favorite parts of the parade


When Irish eyes are smiling.
Those Kaufman and their killer baby blues.
No St. Patty's Day meal would be complete without corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. The perfect Irish sweater, with the kelly green cap, on an Irish fella.

3 comments:

Tom said...

This one was way cool Taryn,

Gregorio said...

LOVE Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes!

That used to confuse a lot of my hotel guests because they never expected a latino to enjoy that kind of cuisine.

mmmm... all I need is that and a pint. *sigh*

HAPPY ST PATS!!!

Dani said...

I love the green knit cap!! So fitting.