Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday night dinner

I write this blog entirely proud of myself this evening. Two days ago while watching The Food Network I was inspired to create a recipe seen on... I don't remember which show I was watching... oh! it was "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller". Anyway, I was inspired to make one of her recipies. It was so easy, and turned out so yummy that I thought I would share it with whom ever reads my blog. Enjoy, and thank you Food Network and Robin Miller.

Roasted Stuffed Portobellos

Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • 2 cooked chicken breast halves, diced
  • 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and undrained
  • 1/2 cup diced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil from jar
  • 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
  • 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
  • (I added grated parmesan cheese)
  • (I also added thinly sliced onion)
  • (I put it on a bed of rice)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, broccoli (with liquid from package), sun-dried tomatoes with oil from jar, and bread crumbs (and onions and cheese if you want to try it my way). Toss to combine.

Arrange mushroom caps, stem side up, on prepared baking sheet. Fill each mushroom cap with chicken mixture. Roast 20 minutes, until filling is golden brown and mushrooms are tender.

Above: Her photo of the meal from the website.
Below: My leftover ready for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: