Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grace's first solids

Christian and I have put off starting solids with Grace because we knew we would be taking our family vacation the first week of Sept. (Still working on the photos from that, the family vacation blog should be posted fairly soon.) and we didn't want to break the newly established pattern of eating. Plus, my goal is to make all of Grace's food at home, using organic fruits and veggies whenever possible.

I'll admit that being a first time Mommy, I was nervous about changing the feeding routine. I've read articles, and books, and listened to mothers who have gone through this momentous step with their little ones all in an effort to empower myself and feel more ready to begin feeding foods other than breastmilk to my daughter. I have to laugh at myself because Grace soared through this milestone, as she has with each and every milestone to date, with flying colors.

Please enjoy the video of Grace eating her first solid, butternut squash. (It's a longer video, over 6 minutes, so please don't feel a need to watch the whole thing, and I apologize in advance for the atrocious sound when I blow my nose. I'm a little under the weather.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. That's sweet. She seems to really like it. Fantastic!
Popoolie