Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Father's Day for the Hubs

What a special day today has been. Grace and I have thoroughly enjoyed spoiling Christian on his very first Father's Day. Before I headed to bed last night I set up this adorable banner that I made so that when he came downstairs the first thing he would see would be the words, "Happy Father's Day!" He loved it!Then Grace supervised me in the kitchen while I made breakfast for him. It was a plate over flowing with enough food to feed a small village, but it was full of things Christian enjoys and of course every morsel had a pinch of joy, a dash of adoration, and a cup full of love.Let me walk you through this mondo-big breakfast. A cup of OJ. Toasted English muffin with Strawberry preserves, Maple smoked bacon, fresh orange slices, and a three egg omelet (One full egg, and two egg whites) with sauteed mushroom, peppers, tomato, and salsa and sour cream to garnish. (I didn't have an onion in the house, otherwise that would have gone in too.) The Hubs said it was delish!In the afternoon, Christian's parents stopped by to spend some time with us, eat some yummy grilled burgers, and play some fun outdoorsy games.Okay, so I have never claimed to be the most coordinated person on the planet, and this game proved that even if you can go almost the entire game without scoring a single point, you can still have fun. (Even if that means laughing at how terrible I am at it. Trust me, I'm pretty funny to watch while I'm "attempting" to play.) Grace was our personal cheerleader, that is until she was bit by the sleepy bug. I don't blame her. It was such a beautiful day, and I would have crawled in there with her to catch a few Z's if I could have fit.
This entire day, which was wonderful, was all because of this little munchkin. And I know that she was just as happy with how it turned out as I was.
Happy Father's Day Christian. We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "What a family!"
HUGS,KISSES,LOVE,
Jim Maresca

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family !! Wish I was close enough to see everyone in person, but since I'm not. "Thanks sooo much for the great pics you share." Grace is such a darling baby, but I remember someone already saying "Just look at the genes" So glad you all had a great Father's Day. Our love to you all.

Sue, Amy, Kim & Amanda (KY family)