Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Look at my floors!!!!

Our contractors are not 100% done as of today with our upstairs (We're still working on our bathroom, therefore our hallway has not been stained due to high traffic and bathroom fixtures threatening to damage a polished finished floor), but the four bedrooms now have newly stained floors that look simply stunning. I was going to wait to post these photos till the walls were painted and trim was up so you could see the finished product but I'm too excited and can't wait.

In the collage below, the photos display the transition that our floors have undergone in the last month or so. The first photo I call the "Oopsie color." Unfortunately Christian and I didn't care for this red color, so our contractor spent close to two weeks stripping the wood and then sanding the floor by hand. By the time he was done sanding the floors, which are close to 200 years old, they looked brand new. (Great work Konstantine!!!) The third photo is of our tester color, which we picked out and LOVED so we gave the go ahead and they stained each bedroom, applied three coats of varnish (You see coat one and coat two in the last two photos in the collage.).....
And then... drum roll please..........
Finally our finished floors look like this!!!!! Sooooo beautiful and really breath taking. The floors were something we fell in love with right from the very beginning and we knew we wanted to restore them to their original beauty. Konstantine and his Uncle Andrew did a wonderful job! I can't wait to post more photos of the work they're doing. But for now I love gazing at my gorgeous floors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like, . . . O!M!G!!! I recall walking on them when you were still looking at buying the house. They were so , what's the word, oh yea! "Yucky!!!" This is SOOOO, super neat-o! But you two could see past the yuckiness. I can't wait to, slid across them in my socks in May!!!! (Just joking.) Keep up the great work!
Dad

Dani said...

Those floors are gorgeous!!! I LOVE hard wood floors. Way to see their potential when you bought the house. I can't wait to see everything all done.